Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Little More Christmas Decor

The house is ready for Christmas. 
I showed you my mantle in my last post. 
Today I'm showing you the opposite side of the room.
Here is the newly painted wall opposite my fireplace.  
My industrial shelves got a makeover with some giant snow globes.
To see how this side of the room was decorated last year go here.


Here's what the shelves looked like when I first made them, before I painted the wall.




I winterized my shell filled urns with greenery.



For many years I have used a lot more shells and starfish in my Christmas decor.  
I've scaled way back for this year, only using them in a couple of places.


I added greenery, feathers and lights above the mirror.


The chandelier is blinged out with faux greenery and Christmas owls.


 I use jewelry magnets to hand the owls on the metal chandelier.





My winterlicious terrariums sat on the mantle last year.







I added some little houses this year.
I was gone so much last year coaching that I'm really enjoying being home more.  
I've taken a break from coaching to spend more time with my family.


This little house lights up and changes colors.



I picked up the fire starter wood stump at my local grocery store. 





I had to do some rearranging of furniture to accommodate my Christmas tree.  
I moved my vertical pallet faux planter, my desk, and my DIY metal planter hanging light to the wall next to the dining room table.




           More little houses under my DIY glass lamps.  I perched them on a candlestick for added height.




I placed each house on a dessert plate and added some faux snow.



They are sparkly when the light is turned on.


The house is done, but I've got a lot more shopping to do.
Thanks for checking it out.

Merry Christmas




5 comments:

  1. House tours are my favorite. Love all your pretty Christmas decor, Shannon! Especially all the beachy touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowy terrariums and your super cool display lamps!

    Meg
    http://megshandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and magical! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowy vignettes. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...