Friday, July 13, 2012

Look What I Dragged Home

Hi friends, I haven't been blogging much lately.  I've been traveling, enjoying the summer with the kids, and working out more.
I've managed to complete some small projects and here is my latest.

New decor for my front door that I made with stuff I already had and some found seaweed.


I play beach volleyball and often find things that the surf washes in and drag them home with me.
 

Hear are a few of my previous finds.

I found this old lost buoy last Winter.
I cleaned off the stinky barnacles and added some rope to it.


I drug this water logged 9' piece of driftwood home and put it in my front yard.  This was really fun putting in my car, but totally worth it.  I kept checking my rear view mirror all the way home to make sure nothing crawled out of it.


Here is another piece of drift wood I painted and made into a jewelry organizer for my daughter's room.


Here is my latest find. 
While cleaning off our court from washed up seaweed I found this dried up piece.  I liked it's shape.
Trash to some people, door ornamentation for me.  I added two faux sea fans to the back, hot glued a starfish to the front, and added a rope hanger.
In case you were wondering, no it doesn't smell at all. 



You never know what you'll find for free from nature?



Dragged anything home from the beach lately?
Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are.

Thanks for checking it out.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone else brings home questionable items like me. I brought home a nest that had fallen out of a tree (thankfully, no eggs) and a heart shaped red leaf that caught my eye. I think they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon~
    You've got a talent for putting things together- this looks great, us usual!
    Hope you and the family are having a great summer~
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog when I searched for glass float table setting. I am loving looking through your old posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...