Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Table

One table down, one kid's table to go.



I showed you in an earlier post how I made these velvet pumpkins for this year's table.
Blue is on my mind.


Here is last year's table,
purple, cranberry, and a mix of gold and silver.


For the center piece I added a golden magnolia acorn spray that I've had for years to the velvet pumpkins. I placed the center pumpkin on a small urn.


The smaller velvet pumpkins on each plate will hold the place cards (which I still need to make.)
I shouldn't have played volleyball at the beach yesterday.  I still have a lot to get done to get ready for our guests.  The decorating is the fun part.  I left all my house cleaning for last, I hate cleaning! 
I know I probably did the decorating/cleaning order backwards.


I used my wedding china, crystal, and gold chargers. 


The only thing purchase new for this year's table are these pale gray/blue tablecloths from Marshall's.  They are a great neutral color that I will be able to use over and over again for other events.  I paired them with my leopard print table runners.  The animal print helps warm up the coolness of the gray.  Without them everything was looking too pastel for Fall.

The brass candlesticks were borrowed from my mom. 
They belonged to my Great Grandmother.

For the center piece I elevated a round silver platter on meatloaf pans and skirted it with a feather boa so you can't see the pans.  On top of the platter I layered left over blue velvet fabric, velvet pumpkins, white ostrich feathers, gold and silver leaves and twigs, and faux white pumpkins to the ends of the center piece.  My original pedestal that I showed my velvet pumpkins on was too tall to be practical for this tablescape.  Many of the the center pieces I see in pictures, while beautiful, are either to tall or not tall enough for a dining table.  The meatloaf pans give just enough height without creating a "pumpkin wall."  I always do a center piece test run and sit down at the table to see if it's the right height for eating. 


I set the tables up inside our living room/office
Our formal dining room is outside.


It's supposed to rain here on Thursday.


If it rains my husband will be frying the turkey outside under the gazebo.  It's metal, so no fire hazard.  I'll just need to move the table and take down the chandelier so he doesn't bang his head on it.
This is our formal dining room/turkey frying when it rains room.

I'm excited to eat fried turkey and decorate Christmas cookies.
Decorating Christmas cookies on Thanksgiving with the kids is something I started with them when they were little.  The adults get into the decorating action too.

I still need to set the kids table.  I'll show you that one in a later post.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
I'm so thankful for your visit.

Happy Thanksgiving!



I'm linking this to Censational Girls HomeGoods Tablescape Party.


The DIY Show Off

11 comments:

  1. wonderful. always elegant and most divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is such a beautifully elegant table!! Right out of a magazine for sure!!! I love your style!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tablescape is gorgeous Shannon! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely in love with your color pallet! And those pumpkins are swoon worthy! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table Shannon - the pumpkins are really gorgeous! What time is dinner....LOL
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue pumpkins - the velvet makes the table setting look regal. Another great table setting (reading this after the kids' table post). Last year's setting looks regal, too with the colors and mix of gold and silver and those wine goblets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, i loooove the blues, whites, and golds. those velvet pumpkins in the tier are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon - your stuff is always so beautiful!! I LOVE the pops of blue with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is soo gorgeous! I am absolutely in love with your velvet pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...